In CS:GO the developer console isn’t enabled by default but to maximize your ability to customize gameplay experience, accessing the built-in developer console is essential. Enabling the developer console allows you to input certain commands that can change anything from the color and size of your crosshair to even altering the appearance of the minimap. The possibilities are limitless.
#Step 1: Enable the console in the settings
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Then click on the Game category of the settings at the top.
- In the first section, locate the Enable Developer Console setting.
- Press on the dropdown option, then click Yes.
#Step 2: Open it by hitting the ~ key
- Hit the ~ key (tilde) on your keyboard
Overview of what you can do with the consoleAs mentioned above, entering commands into the developer console is one of the main ways you’ll be able to customize CSGO to fit your wants and needs. You are able to practically customize every aspect of the game’s appearance.Here’s a quick overview of what’s possible (this list is not exhaustive):
- Completely customize your crosshair
- Customization of your mini-map
- Character bobbing and gun placement
- PC performance monitoring (fps tracker etc.)
- Customize practice servers fully